FOIA request email. Issue: Local officials working alongside ICE to deport immigrants
Subject: CORA Request: 287(g) Application Package
From: Freddy Martinez <email@example.com>
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Date: Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 3:46 PM
Under the Colorado Open Records Act, we are requesting the following documents:
Documents sufficient to show:
– Emails between Teller County and ICE at the below email to join the 287(g) program ERO287g@ice.dhs.gov
– Any MOU, MOAs, IGA between ICE, DHS and Teller County.
– Emails between the Sheriff, County Commissioners seeking approval to join or reauthorize the 287(g) program.
– Supporting documentation to ICE, as required under 287(g) to show why Teller County should be approved to join the
– Any final reports created to DHS or ICE as part of 287(g).
Please limit your search from September 2016 to the present. This request is being made by journalists for the purpose of
informing the public.
Please contact Freddy Martinez (with the others CC’ed) with any questions about the scope of this request. My contact
information is below.
We look forward to your response within three working days, as the statute requires.
202 332 6736