In 2015, OpenTheGovernment.org (OTG) worked to defend and strengthen open and accountable government, combat attempts to increase government secrecy, provide information to the public about their right to know and the need for open government reform, and much more.
- Championed openness issues in the national security arena, by pushing for increased transparency and public access to information about national security surveillance programs and the legal interpretations that authorize them.
- Advocated for the release of more information on the CIA torture program.
- Mobilized the openness community in support of meaningful FOIA reform, and combatted multiple threats to the FOIA.
- Worked to raise the visibility of FOIA and other critically important open government issues through editorials, analysis, and public events.
- Coordinated civil society engagement in the implementation and evaluation of the United States’ second National Action Plan as part of the Open Government Partnership, and the creation of the third plan.
Read the full report here.