OpenTheGovernment.org is searching for an intern to help with a coalition addressing government transparency issues.
The Intern position involves, in coordination with staff,
• Identifying and researching groups—particularly state-based organizations— that could be engaged in work by US civil society related to domestic openness, and assisting with outreach to these groups. The primary focus of the outreach will be a multi-national openness initiative, Open Government Partnership (OGP).
• Writing about the continued development of the government’s National Action Plan following its initial release, including comment and analysis from civil society stakeholders.
• The intern will also be responsible for providing updates about the implementation process and any further consultation with the government regarding improvements to the plan.
Open Government internships require:
• Experience creating and using social media, such as wikis, blogs, etc.
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Excellent research skills
• Strong interest in open government issues
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated work style with high level of attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and database management
Time Commitment: Minimum 10 hours per week starting late October through mid/late May.
This internship is paid, but does not include benefits.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Position open immediately. Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis. Immediate deadline for this round is October 18, 2013.
To apply, please send:
2-3 page writing sample
Contact information for 3 professional/academic references (including name of reference, organization, nature of relationship, email and phone number)
TO: email@example.com with "Open Government Internship" in the subject line
No phone calls/faxes please.